Bricking an iOS device isn’t as cutting as it sounds, let it be the latest iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch generations. In most of the cases, the Apple device is not bricked actually and restoration can be done without much of a fuss. We have gathered some of the most helpful solutions on the subject that one can use on any bricked iOS device.
How bricked iOS devices can be fixed?
Unlike Android, where a user has the ability to tweak the operating, Apple has made iOS a robust and steady platform. Thus, iOS users can affect only the stability of the system by doing a jailbreak.
Here are some of the most encountered symptoms of an-functioning Apple device:
The system is stuck at a black screen
The screen shows a battery logo with the red line through the phone is completely charged
You have a spinning wheel stuck at the display
The device can’t start at all
In other words, if the device hasn’t stopped while installing a new version of iOS due to the insufficient battery or maybe God knows what other factors, chances are the device is not actually bricked. For that, you’ll have to follow the steps below.
A SIMPLE RESET CAN CURE IT
This simplest method can get most of the headaches out of way, especially who are currently experiencing a ‘spinning wheel’ on the screen, an Apple logo stuck on the display and in some cases, cannot power ON the device.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Press and hold the Home button and Power button until the logo appears (at least twelve seconds).
2. Release both the buttons simultaneously.
3. Wait until the menu loads and that’s it.
Try repeating the steps if it doesn’t do anything(you might plug in a charger)
RESTORING: BRUTAL BUT EFFECTIVE
The most common way to cure bricked devices is sadly brutal. To restore an Apple device you’ll have to use a saved backup of your files or start from a new and untouched iOS version (this will remove any precious data).
Now here’s how to restore an Apple gadget:
1. Make sure you have iTunes installed.
2. Using USB cable, connect the device to a computer.
3. Open iTunes and select the device from the left column.
4. Go to Summary and click on the Restore button.
5. Wait for iTunes to download the latest version of iOS and then choose a backup to restore or a new version if you’ve none.
6. Wait for the device to sync.
GETTING INTO RECOVERY MODE
For those who have followed previous steps and got nothing, there is a trick to get the iPhone into recovery mode and then restore.
Follow these steps:
1. Make sure the device is turned OFF.
2. Hold down both Home and Power buttons.
3. Release the Power button and connect it to a computer while keeping the Home button pressed.
4. When a screen appears, release the Home button.
5. Restore using the steps mentioned above.
When all the methods fail, try to restore using a different computer or play dumb at the Apple store.